Monday, July 8, 2013

Prayers

Hey friends,

I appreciate all of you who have kept up with me on the blog. It's so nice to know that I am still cared for when I'm 3,000 miles away. If you don't have the blog sent automatically to your e-mail, you can sign up on the right-hand side under "Follow by Email" by simply typing in your e-mail address!

While I have your attention, I would love to ask for specific prayers for my poor, over-worked digestive system and my church situation. My stomach has been struggling since week two, and it's been a one-step-forward-two-steps-back kind of fight. Right when I have been feeling fine for about two days, I feel bad for the next five. I've been praying for some sort of regulation or relief along with eating plenty of fruit and drinking plenty of chamomile and anis. Thankfully, I was able to find a gym, and that has helped some, but I still find myself randomly feeling sick almost every day at different points.

Secondly, I have found a great Baptist church down here that has taught me SO MUCH. They are such strong believers and have so many different intensive bible studies going on. The college-aged people are studying Genesis on Sunday mornings, Ruth on Monday nights, and the historical background of the Baptist denomination on Saturday nights. On Sunday nights, the congregation is studying Judges. I have had my fair share of teachings from very intelligent pastors and have met a lot of new people. I want to ask for prayers for stronger connections with my amigos that I've had the pleasure of meeting. They're all great, but the slight language barrier, my shy personality, and the fact that I am coming in to such a tightly knit group have made it hard to form strong relationships. As wonderful as the teachings have been, I am really missing the community of church. Your prayers are appreciated!

10 comments:

  1. Praying for you, sweet Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ms. Sarah! I appreciate it. Feeling better the last couple of days :)

      Delete
  2. You know I'm praying for that digestion, girl. I'll overnight you a box of Reduced-Fat Cheez Its and you'll be regular in no time. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. By golly! That's the ticket!!! What have I been doing the last month without them!? Saving my arm strength... That's what.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so sorry to hear about your 'inerds' not feeling so swell...hahahah!
    not funny but I had a visual of your trying to translate 'inerds'...
    if you have a 'vitamin store' or 'holistic-type grocery'...look for a small jar of MANUKA honey, 100% natural honey from New Zealan...can be a little pricey, but it is a NATURAL antibiotic, and it can help your digestive tract get back to GOOD bacteria...Ms. Robin and I both use it...it helped me kick a really bad 'h-pylori' virus a couple of years ago. So, I HIGHLY recommend it ;) hope you can find some.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *Zealand, duh! (in addition to eating the honey, it is GREAT for burns and bug bites, too! or any injuries of the skin that aren't healing well, just dab on some honey and cover with a bandage...will be better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh...my blog is at:
    http://skootsonemon.blogspot.com
    It's not as interesting as yours but I try...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not to sound alarmist, but have you considered whether you might have picked up a parasite? What you're going through sounds awfully familiar to what I went through my first year in Argentina. Had an awful time figuring out what it was, and it turned out to be I'd picked up a parasite endemic to the area (which everyone else who lived there was immune to apparently). Might be worth getting checked out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ms. Kim. I definitely considered it so I continued to watch how everything is going. I have noticed that when I do less exercise and when I eat more, it's gotten worse. I think it's just my body's way of reacting to so many different changes. I've been better the last few weeks because I've been eating much healthier. Thanks for your concern! If it seems to get worse, I will definitely take your advice and seek out a doctor's help :D

      Delete